The Goathouse Refuge is a 501(c)3 non-profit no-kill animal sanctuary dedicated to providing care and finding homes for hundreds of homeless cats. We are located in Pittsboro, NC, and are open daily from 12 - 3:30.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Community Listing: Mrs. White

NOTE: This cat is in need from the community. This is listed as a courtesy, and the animal does not live at the Refuge. The Goathouse Refuge is not responsible for any problems with the animals or with the adoption process. Please contact the owner directly for more information.

Mrs. White is a 2 year old white, shorthair cat with a tabby patch of calico on face and tail, who needs a new home. Mrs. White weighs approx 7 lbs. This cat is located in Mebane NC 27302.

Mrs. White is one of three capture/spay/neuter/release cats that live in our neighborhood. They seem to go their separate ways in the woods behind my house during the day but I often see them if I look outside. Mrs. White is timid, will run if dogs, people come in my yard. She is content to sleep at night in a Kitty tube residence on my patio. beside the kitty tubes homes of two other cats, Sister Mary Margaret and Max Black. These cats have been ferals in the community for at least 2 summers now. They appear healthy, love to eat, drink from the birdbath even though they have water bowls. They greet me every morning at the backdoor with boundless energy and enthusiasm. They swipe against my legs as we head down the hill to their feeding spot at edge of woods. Mrs. White and her friends would love to find a home together as outdoor kitties. I will gladly be sure their shots are updated, they are healthy. Their homes can go with them. I fear neighbors that think feral cats are not special will have animal control trap them in next few wks. I hope to be able to send pictures of them this wk.that includes closeups, The one I am sending via email from my phone is a more distant shot with them heading in opposite directions as I raised my cameraphone.
Mrs. White is good with Cats: Yes, Dogs: No, Kids: No

Contact Janice J. at janmariejohns@gmail.com, Cell 336-314-9110, Home 919-304-3237.

Are you the owner: Cat has been in woods and neighborhood for over a year. Just began coming in my yard since Nov 2012
Reason for surrender: Mrs. White has been neutered in Chapel Hill by volunteers in the community. I have been feeding since Nov 2012. She appears healthy and loves to perch in trees. She gets along with 2 other cats, also ferals. They feed together and I have purchased 3 kitty tubes (TheKittyTube.com) that are on my patio with heating pads in each. A neighbor's dog chased a cat, not necessarily one of these and he grabbed the dog and fell. He appeared on my doorstep to expound on the evils of feral cats.
How did you acquire: They acquired me. I have 5 indoor cats so cannot bring another in to my declawed family.
How long owned: Thanksgiving 2012 is when I began feeding along with 2 other cats
-----------------------------------------
Fixed? Yes
UTD on rabies? Yes
UTD on FCRVP? Unknown
Declawed? No
Medical conditions?
Illness:

No comments: