The Goathouse Refuge is a 501(c)3 non-profit no-kill animal sanctuary dedicated to providing care and finding homes for hundreds of homeless cats. We are located in Pittsboro, NC, and are open daily from 12 - 3:30.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Community Listing: Oscar (declawed)

NOTE: This cat is in need from the community. This is listed as a courtesy, and the animal does not live at the Refuge. The Goathouse Refuge is not responsible for any problems with the animals or with the adoption process. Please contact the owner directly for more information.

Oscar is a 10 year old brown and black tabby cat who needs a new home. Oscar weighs 10 lbs and is Indoor only. This cat is located in Elkin, NC 28621.

Oscar likes to sit next to us in the evenings and will pat at our arms to get some petting. He prefers quiet adults, especially those who provide food! He loves his canned food and playing in boxes and bags of any type. Oscar is a little shy - he will hide when strangers first come to the house but will eventually warm-up to people. Oscar was a stray and continues to be afraid of the outdoors - you never have to worry about his running out an open door.  Please help this cat find a good home, I really wish that I could keep him but my health just will not let me. We will meet you with the cat if you can provide him a good home.
Oscar is good with Cats: Unknown, Dogs: Unknown, Kids: No

Contact Alison B. at alison.bryant@hotmail.com, Cell 336-244-0432, Home 336-366-2257.

Are you the owner: yes
Reason for surrender: My doctor has told me that I am severely allergic to the cat, even that the cat is literally killing me. I have severe wheezing in my lungs now that are affecting my breathing. I don't really want to surrender the cat, but I can not go on with these medical problems.
How did you acquire: adopted him from a shelter
How long owned: 10 years
-----------------------------------------
Fixed? Yes
UTD on rabies? No
UTD on FCRVP? Unknown
Declawed? Yes
Medical conditions? no
Illness: frequent hairballs and vomiting

No comments: