The Goathouse Refuge is a 501(c)3 non-profit no-kill animal sanctuary dedicated to providing care and finding homes for hundreds of homeless cats. We are located in Pittsboro, NC, and are open daily from 12 - 3:30.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Community Listing: Emily

NOTE: This cat is in need from the community. This is listed as a courtesy, and the animal does not live at the Refuge. The Goathouse Refuge is not responsible for any problems with the animals or with the adoption process. Please contact the owner directly for more information.

Emily is a 7 year old Gray DSH cat who needs a new home. Emily weighs 14 and is Indoor only. This cat is located in Morrisville NC 27560.

My name is Emily, I'm 7 years old and I'm a gray short-haired kitty. I've been taken very good care of since I was a kitten -- I'm spayed, up to date on my vaccines and have seen the vet on a regular basis. I'm an independent kitty and would rather sit in the room near you than on your lap. My hair is short and very soft, but I don't shed. I enjoy the company of other cats and can be very playful -- I like to chase strings, balls and my kitty sister. I'm looking for a new home, though, because I'm not very fond of dogs, and haven't been happy since my mom married a man who has one. It makes me grumpy and I'd rather be in a cat-only house. In fact, I might like to be the only cat. Please email if you'd like to meet me.

Love, Emily

Please provide a vet reference
$35 adoption fee will be donated to SPCA of Wake County


Emily is good with Cats: Yes, Dogs: No, Kids: No

Contact Jennifer C. at jennifer@bradcarey.com, 512-775-0600.

Are you the owner: yes
Reason for surrender: Emily developed behavior problems when my husband, his dog and I moved in together three years ago. Before then she was always reserved but got along with my other cats and was OK with people. Now she is antagonistic to my other cat and to people; she can't be left alone with the dog. We are having a baby and won't have the house space to keep the dog, cat and baby all separated. And Emily will be happier in a home without a dog.
How did you acquire: found her outside when she was a kitten
How long owned: 7 years
-----------------------------------------
Fixed? Yes
UTD on rabies? Yes
UTD on FCRVP? Yes
Declawed? No
Medical conditions? none
Illness: none

No comments: