The Goathouse Refuge is a 501(c)3 non-profit no-kill animal sanctuary dedicated to providing care and finding homes for hundreds of homeless cats. We are located in Pittsboro, NC, and are open daily from 12 - 3:30.

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Cats' Meow



A letter from Siglinda, published in the August 18, 2010 edition of the Chapel Hill News:

The Cats' Meow

I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart all the people who made The Goathouse Refuge Burrito Bash on August 3 at The General Store Café in Pittsboro a huge success. You are all wonderful!

We needed to raise a very large sum to make crucial improvements at the Refuge, and I was very concerned that we faced an almost impossible goal. But we made it! We succeeded far beyond my dreams! I was overwhelmed by the number of supporters who came and participated in our reverse raffle and the silent auction, and who brought friends and family members to join them for a burrito dinner. I cannot thank everyone enough for this heartfelt support.

I must also thank The General Store Café for hosting our event, and the artists who generously donated their works for our silent auction and the regular auction. I was deeply moved to hear laughter and see smiles all around the room - everyone seemed to be having a good time, too!

Finally, I have to thank Becky Norman, the mastermind, and the many workers and volunteers who spent hours organizing before and working hard the evening it took place. We are all united by our love of the more than 200 cats who call the Refuge home - until they can find a permanent home. But it takes very special people to extend that love into the hard work it took to host the Burrito Bash.

I love you all!

Siglinda Scarpa

Pittsboro

No comments: